My Version of Comfy Belly’s Homemade Fudge Pops
Ingredients (makes about 7-8 small pops)
- 1-3/4 cup lite coconut milk (This time I used my first attempt at coconut milk yogurt—that fermented but was a complete liquid—–and you couldn’t even taste the sourness after everything else was added. Yay for frugality! 🙂 )
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 1/2 cup of cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of earth balance
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine all the ingredients and mix until well blended – about 5 minutes.
- Cool for about 15 minutes, or until it’s close to room temperature.
- Add the mixture to popsicle molds and freeze for at least 3 hours.”
I thought these were good, similar to the fudgesicles I remember as a kid. They were really sweet though for my tastes. Next time, I want to decrease the sweetener by half. They are also very rich and chocolaty, so I may decrease the cocoa a little too.
But they do hit the spot! 🙂 You won’t need another one…as these leave you feeling satisfied and sweetened out. 🙂
- Posted in: Allergy-Friendly and Special Diets ♦ Chocolate ♦ Coconut ♦ Comfort Food ♦ Corn-Free ♦ Dairy-Free ♦ Egg-Free ♦ Frugal ♦ Fudge ♦ Gluten-Free ♦ Grain-Free ♦ Ice-cream and Frozen Desserts ♦ Kid Friendly ♦ Lactose Free ♦ Low Fat ♦ Nut-Free ♦ Peanut-Free ♦ Popsicles ♦ Recipe Reviews ♦ Recipes ♦ Soy-Free ♦ Sugar-Free ♦ Sweets ♦ Vegan ♦ Wheat-Free
- Tagged: frugal recipes