Mom was making freezer jam with most of these. I wanted to make some that I could have……..
And I’m so glad I did.
The finished product. The lighting was a little weird on my camera, but anyways, the jam came out amazing. Never mind the fact that it’s gluten-free, dairy-free, and refined sugar-free, AND it doesn’t use honey/agave etc. Only a little fruit juice and stevia. That’s it, sweetie!
Plus, this jam is approved by my sister who thinks all my food is disgusting. Mom, is slightly less picky, liked it too.
Simply Sweet Strawberry Jam
- This recipe is for freezer jam but can be altered slightly for canned jam. 🙂
- 5+ c. mashed strawberries
- 3 c. white grape raspberry 100% fruit juice (or 6 oz. concentrate and 18 oz water)
- 6 t. stevia
- 1 T. lemon juice
- 1 package of No/Low Sugar Added Pectin
- Mash berries by hand one cup at a time. (It is easier to mash by hand about one cup at a time then all together.)
- Bring the juice to a boil. Add in pectin. Stir until dissolved. Remove the pan from the stove. Add in strawberries, lemon juice, and stevia. Stir well
- Pour into glass jars being sure to leave 1/2+ inch room at the top for expansion. Let cool for an hour+ on the counter or until cool enough to place in the fridge.
- After about 24 hours, remove all but the jar(s) you are going to use for the near-future to the freezer.
- Take your “fridge jar” and enjoy it 🙂 It’s great for….
Bananas with Peanut Butter and Jam Dried Pineapple Dipped in Jam
Strawberry Surprise Chicken (Recipe coming soon) PB & J Energy Bites (recipe to come soon)