Recipe Review #6: 2-hour Memory Buns
Celiac Teen recently posted a recipe for these incredible rolls/buns. Seeing that they were rolls/buns and whole grain I was very excited to try them!
Here’s the alterations I made:
- 1 and 1/4 c. + 1 T. water (I used less water because of the agave
- 3 T. agave (Agave is at least 25% sweeter than sugar so I used 1 T. less, and I don’t like to use cane sugar)
- I ended up adding about 1/8 c. more teff flour, 1/8 c. more sorghum flour, 1/4 c. more corn flour, and 1/4 c. more millet because the batter was pretty runny.
- I also let it rise, covered with plastic wrap in a 200 degree oven (preheat to 200 and then turn it off. Then place the bread in).
- I only had to cook this about 15-20 mins.
They came out a little flatter I think due to the alterations I had to make and more flour. They are very tasty. Mine got more mashed together as you can see and I may just pour the batter if that runny in the future. Still, they tasted great!
In the future, I plan to use less water and also possibly add baking soda/powder to help it rise more. I think they would be great with butter if you can use it instead of oil or as I plan to, I will use Earth Balance next time! I am also thinking of decreasing the total oil amount. I also think it would be a great recipe to convert into a regular bread recipe!
Thanks again Celiac Teen!