Food Review #15: Galaxy Nutritional Foods Rice Pasteurized Process Cheese Food Alternative, Mozzarella and American
Warning: While this is “lactose free and milk free”, it is not caesin free. It has a very small amount though so if you can tolerate it, you may want to try it.
I tried this product and found it was the best cheese substitute I have tried! And actually edible!
- I liked the mozzarella the best. It had the best closest flavor to what mozzarella tastes like.
- The American cheese wasn’t as close to what American tastes like and what this version tasted like.
- I liked them both though.
- I wouldn’t use them for mac and cheese
- I tried Rice Shreds and found them to be pretty great also.
- I haven’t yet tried the rice topping but I intend to in the future.
What’s inside Mozzarella: Organic Rice Base (Filtered Water, Organic Rice Flour), Casein (Milk Protein), Rice Bran Oil, Sodium Phosphate, Contians 2% or Less of Sea Salt, Lactic Acid (Non-Dairy), Calcium Phosphate, Natural Flavors, Yeast Extract (Inactive), Carrageenan, Rice Starch, Vitamin A Palmitate, Riboflavin (Color).
What’s inside American: Organic Rice Base (Filtered Water, Organic Rice Flour), Casein (Milk Protein), Rice Bran Oil, Sodium Phosphate, Contians 2% or Less of Rice Starch, Sea Salt, Calcium Phosphate, Lactic Acid (Non-Dairy), Carrageenan, Natural Flavors, Salt, Yeast Extract (Inactive), Carotenal (Color), Vitamin A Palmitate.
What to use it for:
1. Goes good on sandwiches
2. I loved it ripped up over pizza (or just get rice shreds instead)
3. In a tuna melt!
- Posted in: Food Product Reviews