Chocolate Covered Strawberries
‘Tis the season for….Strawberries…….and if you’re like me……chocolate is always in season too.
I rescued these babies from a party I went to where they were having fondue. “I’ll take them plain”, I said (well, even if I didn’t say it, that’s what I did.) The chocolate fondue looked so inviting… “One tiny taste won’t hurt me,” I thought. One tiny taste later, “Ugh! Yuck!” I said inside, as I made a face (and tried not to show it to everyone else.) This can’t be chocolate…blek! Have you ever had that experience? You thought and have memories of the stuff you were “missing out” on as tasting so great and just being so wonderful….come to find out they aren’t that great after all? That’s what I decided too…. but I was still craving chocolate covered strawberries……so here’s what I did…..
Remember the recipe that I got from Oceans of Joy for peanut butter cups that I posted here? Well, it’s the same chocolate recipe….I’ll just post it here for reference.
- 1/2 c. cocoa powder
- 1/4 c. melted butter, earth balance, or coconut oil
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1/8 – 1/4 c. honey/agave (try the lesser amount if you can handle it—It seems to help them hold shape better)
Combine all ingredients. Stir well. Dip your strawberries in. Take a big bite and enjoy life simple frugal pleasures…… Mmm…..:)
Looking for more chocolate fun? How about…..(Ok, so I went a little overboard with my list…..but these are a few of my favorite chocolate recipes!:))
- Mini Grain-Free, GF, Dairy-free, Sugar-free Chocolate Brownie Bites
- A Healthy Homemade Chocolate Frosty (w/o the sugar, gluten, or dairy!)
- When it’s not Easter, these should really be called, Chocolate Covered Almonds!
- Rich, Sugar-free Chocolate Syrup/Sauce
- A simpler, but equally tasty, Reese’s type recipe for Chocolate and Peanut Butter Candy
- GF, dairy-free, sugar-free, vegan, homemade chocolate chips!
- Sugar-free Chocolate Milk (Dairy-free too!) anyone?
- Homemade Reese’s Cups (w/o dairy, gluten, sugar!)
- Healthy, Chocolate Cookies with Homemade Peanut Butter Chips!
- Healthy, Chewy, Sugar-free Chocolate Chip Cookies…
More chocolate and strawberries?
- Sugarless, But So Naturally Sweet Strawberry Jam (Freezer worthy!)
- Strawberry Rhubarb Jam (Freezer/Canned)
- Strawberry-Blueberry Muffin Love
And of course, more to come!
- Posted in: Allergy-Friendly and Special Diets ♦ Chocolate ♦ Comfort Food ♦ Corn-Free ♦ Dairy-Free ♦ Egg-Free ♦ Frugal ♦ Gluten-Free ♦ Grain-Free ♦ Kid Friendly ♦ Lactose Free ♦ Nut-Free ♦ Peanut-Free ♦ Recipes ♦ Snacks ♦ Soy-Free ♦ Strawberries ♦ Sugar-Free ♦ Sweets ♦ Valentines Day ♦ Vegan ♦ Wheat-Free